8/4/15

Notebooking Daily Writing Exercise August 4, 2015

Daily Exercise Genre: Title Mania!

About today's writing prompt genre: Instead of just using a random generator, for today's exercise I will offer up six titles. Pick the title that appeals the most to you and run with it. If you want to leave your choice up to chance use this random number generator. I will also have a small list of possible last words or phrases that you can use as an end-goal if you feel like you need a little extra direction/constraint for the piece.

Titles:

(I'm a big fan of harvesting and repurposing language from non-poetic sources for poetic reasons, so today's titles will come from within this list of Maury Povich captions.)

1) He Can't Make Boys
2) For a Can of Soda
3) Two Billion Percent Sure
4) He Says "I Don't Know What You're Talkin' About"
5) My Fear of Mustard and Pickles is Ruining My Life
6) Attacked By Ants That Came Out of a Flower

Words or phrases to end with:

1) Father
2) Baby
3) Dancing
4) Affirmative
5) Punches thrown
6) Calmed

Again, if you want to leave this to chance, use the random number generator.