5/8/15

Notebooking Daily Writing Exercise May 8, 2015

Daily Exercise Genre: Ekphrasis.

Ekphrasis is from Greek meaning the description of a work of art as a rhetorical device. That's actually pretty straight forward, but another way to look at it, is it's highfalutin fan fiction, usually about paintings or pieces of music, but it can be about virtually anything. Look at or listen to the following piece of art and write a piece of prose or poetry that is inspired by some aspect of it.


Today's artwork is...


The award winning short animated film Rabbit and Deer by Péter Vácz.


I have been very taken by this short for awhile now and I do hope it is enjoyed by you fine folks. There are many ways to respond to this film, whether it's in regard to the friendship itself, the trials of the friendship, the philosophical elements of the 2D/3D world, extrapolating that to a 3D/4D world, you could simply take a snippet of the friends' adventure and put it into words, you could invent a new adventure for them. Tons of options, but mostly, I do hope that the experience is as enjoyable for you as it has been for me. I've seen it probably five times now, and I'll be watching it again soon.